TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Please make yourself aware of the following before you book any service with us.
- Counselling is provided free of charge to LGBT+ people and their immediate allies, we want to reserve this counselling service as such.
- So that our counselling service is not abused we will ask you to confirm this at point of referral and the service is offered on this contingency.
- If you are not LGBT+ and still want therapy, talk to us we can sign post you to other local friendly services.
This is also provided free of charge to LGBT+ people and their immediate allies. You will not be asked to contribute to this.
LGBT+ Awareness Training:
This is chargeable, and the costs are detailed on the training page.
ARCUS General Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Provide an environment with a zero tolerance to:
- Hate crime
- Verbal or physically aggressive behaviour
- Hatred of any kind
- Provide a safe space in which for you to use our services.
- Provide you with the correct level support you require as an individual.
- Provide information and advice that you may wish to take advantage of.
You agree to:
- Abide by all reasonable instructions of Arcus.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs while using our services
- Treat fellow service users, clients and volunteers with dignity, respect and autonomy.
- Treat the building with respect in order to maintain a safe, clean and tidy environment.
Also, please note:
In the event that a person is in serious distress and we have a reasonable concern that you are at risk of being harmed, seriously harming yourself or harming another, we reserve the right to contact the appropriate level of support for you. We will, where possible obtain consent for this; however we reserve the right to do it without consent in order to keep you safe.
In the instances of hate crime, verbal or physical aggression and any other unreasonable behaviour you will be asked to leave the premises.In the event of the above, police will be contacted in all cases
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus, |
we or us
|Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus of c/o 133 Redworth Road, Shildon, Durham, DL4 2JP;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://arcuslgbt.wordpress.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus is the “data controller”. This means that Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you ; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
- To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- any of our group companies or affiliates – To ensure smooth referrals.;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – To ensure smooth referrals.;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – To ensure smooth payment options.;
- relevant authorities – To ensure client safety.;
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit http://www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Andrew H Cull trading as Arcus by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
03 February 2020