One of the biggest questions people ask before starting therapy is “How much is it going to cost?” Sometimes the cost of counselling can be prohibitive; we want to change that. Counselling is very often a necessity and not a luxury, so we feel that our prices should reflect this.
WE ONLY CHARGE WHAT WE FEEL IS A FAIR PRICE FOR THERAPY, AND ONE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD, INDEED IT MAY EVEN BE FREE FOR YOU!
Arcus is a co-operative of three counsellors; and as such, your fee rate will very much depend on who you see and what service you are using. When your referral form comes to us, we immediately [or next working day] contact you to discuss your needs, complete an assessment and agree your fee rate. There is no charge for this initial consultation.
We do this so that we can provide our services at a cost that is individual to you!
HEAVILY REDUCED FEES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ON BENEFITS OR WHO HAVE A REDUCED INCOME
ALSO DEPENDING ON OUR CURRENT CAPACITY WE CAN ACTUALLY OFFER FREE COUNSELLING TO THOSE MOST IN NEED THAT ARE NOT ABLE TO PAY.
When discussing your fee rate with you; the following points will be considered:
- Your income, how many hours you work and how much you are paid.
- Whether or not you are in receipt of a means tested benefit.
- All of our one to one therapy services are sensibly priced, which means that you will never be paying more than you can afford!
- Your fee rate is always agreed with you BEFORE any therapy commences.
- In order to make sure that you are aware of what you will be required to pay; your fee rate will be discussed with you during the initial phone call/assessment process so that you are are very clear and aware of how much you will need to pay for each session.
- Your counsellor will require payment before the session commences, this is usual practice in therapy, when a fee applies. However they will discuss this with you on an individual basis and instruct you how you can pay.
- If you are being offered a FREE or any reduced rate, i.e., because you are on benefits, etc; then you may be required to provide evidence of this.
- Payments are usually made online and information on how to do this will be sent you by your counsellor.
- You will receive a full agreement detailing any costs and fees prior to commencement of therapy with Arcus.
If you have any questions or concerns about your fee rate; you should contact your individual counsellor first; however if you are unable to do that then please feel free to call us on 07434 794 059