- Assistance to produce and maintain inclusive policies & procedures
- Organisation will demonstrate inclusive involvement within the staff team
- Organisation will demonstrate successful engagement of Allies/LGBT+ Support Networks
- Organisation will demonstrate effective managerial Support of LGBT+ People
- Organisation will achieve better LGBT+ Public Engagement
- Organisation will receive free publicity about their achievement
- Organisation will receive free advertising through our social media
- Organisation will receive updated and realistic training in LGBT+ awareness
- Organisation will gain recognition as being an LGBT+ Champion
- Organisation will be able to work competently, sensitively and effectively with LGBT + people
- Demonstrates commitment to CPD,
- Become and effective LGBT+ ally
- Achieve better LGBT+ Public Engagement in your work
- Receive realistic training in LGBT+ awareness to enable you to work effectively with LGBT+ people
- Gain recognition as being an LGBT+ Champion
- Challenge your own internal prejudices and broaden your horizons!
What is the process:
To begin with the LGBT+ Awareness Education is delivered, the content of which includes:
- What is LGBT+
- Defining Equality and Diversity
- Sex, Gender Spectrum and Identities
- Challenges to the equality and diversity of LGBT people
- Mental Health & Self Harm
- Hate Crime & LGBT+ Wellbeing
- Legal Landmarks
- Importance of Allies
- Putting Theory into Practice
- Then, the Evidence based agreement paperwork is completed
What happens after the training:
- Presentation of award takes place to the organisation or we provide a certificate if booked as an individual.
- LGBT+ Champions logo is made freely available for promotional purposes to both organisations or individuals.
- The organisation receives publicity across Arcus social media
- Press release is drafted for local press if requested. (organisations only)
- All participants in the training receive an individual certificate of achievement
- Copies of presentation & glossary and other training materials are circulated
- An increased public profile with relation to the organisations Equality and Diversity
What is the cost and how do we book?
£39.50 per person [individual bookings]
£250 per group [if booking as an organisation, max group size of 30]
Fees are to be paid up front.